In This Episode
Joe Biden saves the country from default with a budget deal that has some Republicans furious at Kevin McCarthy. Ron DeSantis steps up his attacks on Donald Trump as Chris Christie and Mike Pence get ready to jump in the race. And later, Congresswoman Barbara Lee stops by to talk about her campaign for the Senate seat in California.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.
- WaPo: Debt ceiling bill clears procedural test and moves toward House vote
- Bloomberg: Trump Stays Quiet on McCarthy’s Debt Deal as Other 2024 GOP Contenders Trash It
- WaPo: Biden won’t claim debt ceiling win, because he must play the owned lib
- NYT op-ed: The Chris Christie Scenario
- Semafor: In Iowa, DeSantis saves his toughest Trump hits for the press
- Politico: Ron DeSantis starts throwing some uppercuts at Trump
- Insider: Disney is seriously unpopular with GOP primary voters in key states, internal DeSantis 2024 campaign data and leaked audio show
- MSNBC: Why Trump’s call for banning birthright citizenship sounds familiar
- NYT: Trump Wants to Abolish Birthright Citizenship. Can He Do That?