In This Episode
DeRay, Clint, Brittany and Sam discuss New York’s decision to become the first major city to stop charging for calls from jail, a revealing report about the shooting of Oscar Grant, a new Bronx bookstore, and John Kelly’s involvement in a shelter for unaccompanied immigrant children. Bryan Lee, Jr joins DeRay to talk about design justice, monuments that celebrate white supremacy, and how public spaces affect communities.
- CBS: John Kelly joins board of company operating largest shelter for unaccompanied migrant children
- NYT: A Bookstore, Finally, Comes to the Bronx
- CNN: New York is the first major city to allow free calls from jail
- KQED: BART Releases Report With New Details of Officers’ Roles in Oscar Grant Killing
- Colloqate: multidisciplinary Non Profit Design Justice practice focused on expanding community access to, and building power through the design of social, civic, and cultural spaces.
- Pod Save the People is on tour! Get tickets to our Minneapolis & Chicago shows here