In This Episode
Republicans purge Liz Cheney then meet with Joe Biden, Tucker Carlson launches an anti-vax crusade on Fox, and a look at this year’s Virginia gubernatorial race, including Dan’s interview with one of the Democratic candidates, Jennifer Carroll Foy.
Biden Economic Plan
- Politico: Republicans draw ‘red line’ for Biden in Oval Office showdown
- Bloomberg: Biden and GOP Leaders Say Agreement Possible on Infrastructure
- Politico: GOP weighs going bigger on infrastructure
- NYT: Once Deal Makers, Biden and McConnell Are Miles Apart
- Politico Playbook: SECOND UP: THE BIG FOUR + JOE
- WaPo: Biden works to seize a political edge as the GOP faces turmoil
- Politico: ‘It’s not phony’: Biden hungry for a jobs deal with Republicans
- WaPo: Biden’s sweeping — and fluid — tax plans are making some congressional Democrats nervous
- Politico Playbook: INFRASTRUCTURE YEAR
- Politico: The other targets of Biden’s bipartisan outreach: Manchin and Sinema
- The Atlantic: Bidenomics Really Is Something New
- WaPo: Liz Cheney’s months-long effort to turn Republicans from Trump threatens her reelection and ambitions. She says it’s only beginning.
- CBS: Biden receives positive marks at 100 days — CBS News poll
- Morning Consult: More Than 3 in 5 Voters Support Corporate Tax Hike to Fund Biden’s Infrastructure Plan
Tucker Vaccine Conspiracy
- WaPo: Rand Paul and the GOP effort to blame Fauci for the coronavirus
- HuffPost: Tucker Carlson Twists Dr. Fauci’s Mask Prediction Into Fearmongering Trash
- CNN: Tucker Carlson’s Fox News colleagues call out his dangerous anti-vaccination rhetoric
- Business Insider: Fox News won’t say if Tucker Carlson has been vaccinated for COVID-19 or if he ever plans to be
- Business Insider: CNN’s medical analyst called Tucker Carlson a vaccine ‘saboteur,’ and challenged him to say if he has taken the jab
- Vanity Fair: Tucker Carlson, Chief COVID Vaccine Skeptic, Still Won’t Say If He Got One
- NYT: F.D.A. Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine for Children 12 to 15
- Daily Beast: Tucker Carlson Makes BS Claim ‘30 People Every Day’ Are Dying From Vaccines. Here’s the Truth.
- WaPo: Tucker Carlson’s worst vaccine segment yet
- COVID DATA TRACKER: CODI-19 Vaccinations in the United States
- AP NORC poll: Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines Rises
- ABC News: Poll: Most in US who remain unvaccinated need convincing
- The Atlantic: 3 Explanations for the Vaccine Slowdown
- NYT: Covid-19: Hopes for ‘Herd Immunity’ Fade as Virus Hurtles Toward Becoming Endemic
- LA Times: Column: Stop fretting about ‘herd immunity’ — we’re close, if not already there
- WaPo: The Health 202: The Johnson & Johnson pause did hurt vaccine acceptance, a poll finds
- Vox: Anti-vaxxers aren’t the cause of America’s dropping vaccine rates
- NYT: U.S. Vaccinations Are Slowing. What’s to Blame?
- Axios: The U.S. is approaching the vaccine hesitancy “tipping point”
- Vanity Fair: Thanks to Republican Anti-Vaxxers, the U.S. May Never Reach COVID-19 Herd Immunity
- CNN: Many Evangelicals say they won’t be vaccinated against Covid-19. Some experts say distrust and misinformation have played a role
Virginia Governor Race
- WaPo: University poll shows McAuliffe with significant lead in race for Democratic nomination for governor
- Politico: Virginia Election Results
- FiveThirtyEight: All The Elections To Watch In 2021
- Virginian-Pilot: Democratic governor’s race sees splits over race, gender and the party establishment
- WAMU: Why Can Virginia Governors Only Serve One Term? And Should That Change?
- WaPo: Virginia, meet Glenn Youngkin — the Republican nominee for governor who both parties are racing to define
- Richmond Times Dispatch: Glenn Youngkin is the GOP nominee for governor
- Vice: The GOP Pick for 2021’s Biggest Race Won’t Say Biden Won Fairly in 2020
- VPM NPR: Glenn Youngkin’s Pitch: Tighter Voting Laws, Broader GOP Tent, and Money to Make it Happen
- Tucker Carlson Tonight: Glenn Youngkin talks with Tucker Carlson about what’s at stake in Virginia if Democrats keep control
- Vox: Virginia Republicans’ messy, Trumpy race to pick a nominee for governor
- NYT: Virginia G.O.P.’s Choices for Governor: ‘Trumpy, Trumpier, Trumpiest’
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.