In This Episode
Tommy talks with Nathan Guttman, the Washington bureau chief of The Forward, about Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu’s corruption scandals. They walk through the facts, what happens next, and what it means for US/Israeli relations and the Middle East peace process.
Netanyahu’s Corruption Case:
- New York Times: Netanyahu Peril Grows, as Trusted Aide Agrees to Testify
- CNN: Is this the beginning of the end for Netanyahu?
- CNN: Israeli police find ‘sufficient evidence’ to indict Benjamin Netanyahu
- New York Times: New Netanyahu Corruption Allegations: The Details
- Al Jazeera: What is Benjamin Netanyahu being charged with?
- New Yorker: The Police Case Against Bibi Netanyahu
- New York Times: In Pursuit of Peace, Trump Generates Rare Friction With Netanyahu
- Foreign Policy: Bibi Is Burning Down the House
Nathan Guttman’s Recent Work:
- Bibi’s American Buddies Don’t Care About His Bribery Scandal
- Bibi Is A Step Closer To Indictment. Here’s What You Need To Know
- Adelson Avoids Publicly Backing Netanyahu on Corruption Investigation
- FACT CHECK: Israel Does Not Have An Armed Citizenry, Mr. Huckabee
- Poll Shows Dropping Democratic Support For Israel. Here’s What You Need To Know
Pod Save the World is a no-bullshit conversation about foreign policy hosted by Tommy Vietor that goes behind the scenes with the people responsible for some of the most important foreign policy decisions of our time. New episodes out every FRIDAY. Check out more Pod Save the World episodes!