First, Tommy, Ben Rhodes and former Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken discuss Brexit, tensions flaring in Gaza, Israeli PM Netanyahu’s visit to DC, ISIS loses its territory, Russians in Venezuela and reporting on Russian’s collusion charges. Then, Tommy is joined by Yasmeen Silva and Joe Cirincione to discuss their efforts to prevent nuclear war.
- Yasmeen Silva
- My News LA: L.A. City Council Votes in Support of U.N. Nuclear Weapons Treaty
- Ploughshares Fund: YASMEEN SILVA ON MOBILIZING AGAINST NUCLEAR WEAPONS
- AntiWar.com: A Modest Proposal: Don’t Start a Nuclear War
- Global News: Pentagon to test long-banned missiles if U.S. and Russia withdraw from arms control treaty
- People’s World: How long can we keep dodging nuclear war?
- GlobalZero: Experts Warn Against Trump’s 11.8% Spending Increase For Nuclear Warfighting
- New York Times: Russia Follows U.S. Out of Landmark Nuclear Weapons Treaty
- National Interest: Stability Now: Why Washington Needs the New START Treaty
- New York Times: ‘Aim, I Say, at the City of Washington!’ Russia Revives Cold War Playbook
- TruthOut: It’s Not Enough to Declare “No First Use”
- Vox: Elizabeth Warren wants to ban the US from using nuclear weapons first
- CNN: US officials indicate development could begin on missiles barred by INF
- Reuters: Russia officially suspends INF Treaty with US
- Politico: The U.S. and Russia Are Sleepwalking Toward Nuclear Disaster
- New Yorker: Can Elizabeth Warren and Adam Smith, Defying Trump, Persuade Americans to Get Serious About Nuclear-Arms Control?
- New York Times: U.S. Suspends Nuclear Arms Control Treaty With Russia
- Vox: The US nuclear arsenal is a gigantic accident waiting to happen