In This Episode
First, Tommy and Ben talk with David Lammy, a member of parliament from the UK, about the slow-rolling disaster that is Brexit. Then they discuss Trump’s announcement of a second meeting with Kim Jong Un, recent Israeli strikes on Iranian targets in Syria, and the latest from Afghanistan.
- New York Times: Theresa May Offered Plan B for Brexit. It Looks a Lot Like the Defeated Plan A
- The Guardian: Labour calls for vote in Commons on holding second referendum
- BBC: Brexit: Theresa May scraps £65 fee for EU citizens to stay in UK
- The Guardian: May claims EU second referendum would threaten ‘social cohesion’
- Telegraph: No David Lammy, Brexit is putting off a dramatic Labour party split, not provoking it
- Sky News: Labour MP David Lammy warns party could split if it doesn’t back second referendum
- BBC: David Lammy urges Jeremy Corbyn to back ‘People’s Vote’
- The Atlantic: Theresa May Lives to Fight Another Day. But for What?
- New Yorker: Theresa May Just Suffered a Historic Defeat on Brexit—Now What?
- Daily Beast: Labour’s Left Wing Sees Jeremy Corbyn and a Socialist Future Emerging From the Wreckage of Brexit
- The Guardian: Brexit: Theresa May urges MPs to ‘take a second look’ at her deal – as it happened
- Business Insider: Liam Fox will break his promise to sign 40 free trade deals the ‘second after’ Brexit
- Independent: Brexit: Majority of Britons back Final Say vote on deal, according to largest poll since referendum
- The Guardian: Why Labour must lead calls for a people’s vote on Brexit
- The Guardian: As Churchill saw, Britain’s glory is not found in isolation
- Time: I’m a British Lawmaker. Here’s Why I’m Protesting Trump’s Visit to the U.K.