In This Episode
Mehdi Hasan joins Jon Favreau to discuss Joe Biden’s town hall in Cincinnati, the Republican intra-party battle over vaccines and the 1/6 commission, and Tom Brady’s devastating takedown of Donald Trump. Then, Equis Research co-founder Stephanie Valencia talks to Jon about immigration and other issues on the minds of Latino voters.
BIDEN TOWN HALL
- CNN: 5 things to watch during CNN’s town hall with Joe Biden
- AP: Biden’s 3rd trip to reddish Ohio pushes his economic agenda
- CNN: ‘We’ve come up against the brick wall’: Southwest Ohio fights vaccine hesitancy ahead of Biden town hall
- NYT: Why Biden Might Avoid the Policy Sinkhole That Swamped His Predecessors
- CBS: Biden nets positive marks for handling pandemic, but vaccine resistance, Delta concern remains – CBS News poll
- Yahoo!: Biden’s town hall at Catholic university riles bishop, abortion opponents
- NYT: C.D.C. Director Warns of a ‘Pandemic of the Unvaccinated’
- CNN: Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths are increasing, and the vast majority were not vaccinated
- CNBC: Delta variant now accounts for 83% of all sequenced Covid cases in the U.S., CDC Director Walensky says
- HuffPost: Leading Pediatrics Group Recommends All Kids Wear Masks In School This Fall
- CNN: Pediatricians’ group says all kids should wear masks in school, but some states block such mandates
- Politico: Cash shortage threatens White House global vaccine effort
- WaPo: Key federal aid programs are running out of time — and cash — as new coronavirus variant spreads
- Politico: State, local officials distributed just 6.5 percent of rental aid in first half of year
- Politico: Biden diverges with Canada and extends border restrictions until at least Aug. 21
- NBC: Fauci blasts Rand Paul’s Wuhan lab funding claim: ‘You do not know what you’re talking about’
- Politico: Republicans scramble to secure infrastructure support ahead of failed vote
- Politico: Senate infrastructure talks may stretch into next week as failed vote looms
- Politico: Biden moves to preempt House Dem blow-up over infrastructure deal
- WaPo Opinion: Yes, a few Republicans are advocating vaccines. They don’t deserve much credit.
- The Hill: Republicans divided on how hard to push vaccines
- WaPo: Growing number of Republicans urge vaccinations amid delta surge
- NYTimes: On Fox News, Vaccination Pleas Intensify, but Skepticism Persists
- WaPo Opinion: A vile new Trump-GOP claim about vaccines suggests trouble ahead
- NYTimes: How Republican Vaccine Opposition Got to This Point
- Vox: Tennessee has one of the lowest vax rates. Republicans are working to make sure that stays the case.
- NYTimes: Top Tennessee Vaccine Official Says She Was Fired Over Shots for Teens
- WaPo: Bipartisan House probe of Jan. 6 insurrection falls apart after Pelosi blocks two GOP members
- Slate: Pelosi Kicks Kooks off Coup Committee
- Axios: McCarthy pulls Republicans from Jan. 6 select committee after Pelosi rejects picks
- NYTimes: Pelosi bars two Trump allies from the committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot.
- MotherJones: Pelosi Rejects Two Big Lie Enthusiasts From Jan. 6 Commission
- WaPo: The Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol hurt the Republican Party, new research finds
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.