In This Episode
Joe Biden and Ron DeSantis fight over mask and vaccine requirements as Delta ravages Florida, Congressman Mondaire Jones talks to Jon Favreau about the new eviction moratorium and student debt relief, and as Democrats worry aloud about losing their majority in 2022, new polling from Data for Progress points to messages about Republicans that might just save the House.
BIDEN V. GOP GOVS
- WaPo: Biden tells governors to ‘get out of the way’ if they won’t help on vaccines
- NBC News: N.Y.C. becomes first major U.S. city to mandate vaccination proof for indoor dining, gyms
- Yahoo: White House turns up the heat on DeSantis and Abbott over masks
- WaPo: Amid covid surge, DeSantis lets parents choose if their kids wear masks at school
- AP: Florida breaks record with more than 21,000 new COVID cases
- AP: DeSantis won’t move on masks as Florida COVID wards swell
- Florida Politics: Poll: Ron DeSantis approval rating sags as COVID-19 rages
- Politico: Ron DeSantis Is What the Post-Trump GOP Should Look Like
- CNN: Florida tween takes on school board to call for mask mandate
- Playbook: Fauci’s good and bad news on the pandemic
- Morning Consult: Voters’ Inflation Worries Emerge as an Economic Weak Spot for Biden
- Morning Consult: Biden Has a Growing Problem With Independents
- CNN: Joe Biden is having the worst week of his presidency so far
- Monmouth: Biden Impact on Rich, Poor, Middle Class
- Gallup: Americans’ Optimism About COVID-19 Dashed as Cases Surge
- WaPo Opinion: How Democrats plan to win in 2022
- WaPo: Power Up: Climate groups to launch multi-state tour in push for major climate legislation
- Daily KOS: Why Tuesday’s Ohio special election was far more than just a 2016 primary redux
- NYT: In String of Wins, ‘Biden Democrats’ See a Reality Check for the Left
- Politico: House Dem campaign chief warns the majority at risk without message reboot
- WaPo Opinion: Democrats are worried about the midterms. Can their agenda save them?
- Intelligencer: Nina Turner Learns the Hard Way That Democrats Like Joe Biden
- WaPo: Liberal-wing candidate loses in Ohio Democratic primary
- Politico Playbook: The coming Biden PR blitz
- AP: Pro-Biden groups to spend $100 million on August ad blitz
- WaPo: The Trailer: Who sponsored this message? Why you’re seeing so many ads so far from the midterms.
- Salon: Trump’s coup came so close to working — do the American people even care?
- WaPo: The future of the Jan. 6 commission
- NYT: Analysis: Enacting policy through spending may help Biden avoid a political minefield.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.