In This Episode
As Biden successfully secures a temporary ceasefire in Gaza, Congress attempts to pass an aid package for Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan. But Republicans say they won’t pass anything unless Democrats agree to new demands related to US-Mexico border security. Meanwhile, Nikki Haley and Ron DeSantis are spending super PAC money going after each other in Iowa and New Hampshire. While their biggest competition, Donald Trump, says he is once again set on repealing Obamacare. And finally, George Santos rips into his congressional colleagues ahead of his possible expulsion from the chamber.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.
- CNN: Live Updates: Israel-Hamas truce extends as aid reaches Gaza
- Axios: Gaza civilian deaths outpacing those of other conflict zones
- NYT: Biden Hopes to Alter the Trajectory of the War as Hostages Are Released
- CNN: Who are the hostages released so far in the Israel-Hamas deal?
- CNN: First testimonies shed light on the conditions endured by Hamas’ Israeli hostages
- CNN: Sen. Murphy open to placing conditions on aid to Israel, calls civilian death toll in Gaza ‘unacceptable’
- Axios: What we know about the shooting of 3 Palestinian students in Vermont
- NPR: Mother of Palestinian student shot in Vermont thought he would be safer in U.S.
- Punchbowl: What to watch in the December legislating rush
- Playbook: Inside the other year-end funding fight
- AP: Republicans want to pair border security with aid for Ukraine. Here’s why that makes a deal so tough
- Senate Memo: Senate Republican Working Group Solutions for the Southern Border Crisis
- NYT: In Countdown to Iowa, Trump Is Coasting, as DeSantis and Haley Clash
- NYT: DeSantis Allies’ $200 Million Plan for Beating Trump
- WMUR-TV: Ron DeSantis draws contrast with Nikki Haley in 1-on-1 interview
- NBC: Ron DeSantis’ team was going after Nikki Haley. They turned on each other instead.
- WSJ: Trump’s Big Advantages as the Election Year Unfolds
- WashingtonPost: Trump wants a do-over on repealing Obamacare. That seems unwise.
- MSNBC: Why Trump’s new offensive against the Affordable Care Act matters
- AXIOS: Trump says he’s “seriously looking” at Obamacare alternatives
- WSJ: Elizabeth Warren Has an ObamaCare Epiphany
- APNEWS: Rep. George Santos says he expects to be kicked out of Congress as expulsion vote looms
- WashingtonPost: George Santos predicts he’ll be expelled from Congress in upcoming vote
- CBSNEWS: What does the ethics report on Rep. George Santos mean for voters in Nassau County and Queens?