In This Episode
Joe Biden announces vaccines for all by May 1st and Donald Trump wants credit, Tan Suit journalism returns as some political reporters work hard to generate Biden controversies, Andrew Cuomo faces more calls to resign, and progressives are concerned about some of the President’s foreign policy decisions during his first fifty days in office.
We Did It, Joe
- WaPo: Full transcript of President Biden’s address to the nation
- CNBC: U.S. tops 100 million Covid vaccine doses administered, 13% of adults now fully vaccinated
- Reuters: Biden speech draws more broadcast viewers than Trump’s first TV address
- CNN: Biden directs states to open vaccinations to all adults by May 1
- Politico: ‘We all lost something’: Biden honors Covid victims, accelerates vaccine timeline
- WaPo: Biden vows ‘America is coming back’ after year of collective suffering due to pandemic
- KUTV: Utah’s Rep. Owens said ‘weak’ Biden stealing credit for COVID-19 vaccines from Trump
- NY Mag: Conservatives Are Furious Biden Delivered a Non-Insane Presidential Speech
- Newsweek: Republicans Insist Donald Trump Should Take Credit for COVID Vaccinations
- Vox: Hannity says Biden should call Trump and thank him for his Covid-19 response. That’s a stretch.
- Mediaite: WATCH: NBC News’ Peter Alexander Literally Wrote a Statement for Biden to Credit Trump on Vaccines, Read it Aloud at Briefing
- ABC News: ‘The mess we inherited’: Biden leans heavily on Trump’s ‘Warp Speed’ but won’t give credit
- WaPo: ‘Finishing the deal’: Biden vaccine victories build on Trump team’s work
- NYT: Biden Got the Vaccine Rollout Humming, With Trump’s Help
- Vanity Fair: Donald Trump Demands Americans Picture His Face While COVID Vaccine Enters Their Bodies
- Politico: How Trump is undermining his own vaccine race
- NBC News: How Biden, Republicans and public health leaders are trying to convince GOP skeptics to get their Covid vaccinations
- Bloomberg: Fauci Says Vaccine Hesitancy Among Republicans Poses a Risk
- Mediaite: Psaki Asked About Vaccine Hesitancy Among Republicans: ‘We May Not Be the Most Effective Messenger’ for Hardcore Trump Supporters
- Politico: MAGA-world may resist the vaccine, but it still wants Trump to get credit
Tan Suit Journalism Returns
- AP: For Biden, there’s no place like a weekend home in Delaware
- CNN: Joe Biden just can’t quit Delaware — even as president
- WaPo: After 50 days as president, Biden still hasn’t given a news conference. Critics and allies wonder why.
- ABC News: Biden not yet holding a formal news conference raises accountability questions
- The Hill: Biden to sit down for ABC News interview as COVID-19 relief promotion tour begins
- Vox: The controversy over Biden not holding a formal press conference, explained
- USA Today: Joe Biden has not yet held a press conference as president. Does that matter?
- Axios: Biden’s conspicuous silence on the Cuomo scandal
- Business Insider: One of Cuomo’s accusers criticized Biden and Harris for staying silent on sexual harassment allegations
- MSN (via AP): WH won’t say if Biden believes Cuomo should resign
- NBC News: Sens. Schumer, Gillibrand and most House Dems from N.Y. call for Cuomo to resign
- WaPo: Cuomo accusations test Biden as he unveils women’s rights measures
Return of The Blob?
- The Daily Beast: Is This the Week Biden Returned to ‘the Blob’?
- NYT: Biden Vowed to Make Climate ‘Essential’ to Foreign Policy. The Reality Is Harder.
- The Progressive: Biden’s Foreign Policy: Ten Problems, One Solution
- NYT: Refugee Flights Canceled as Biden Fails to Lift Trump Cutback
- Responsible Statecraft: Blinken grilled for maintaining Trump’s sanctions on war crimes court
- The Hill: Progressives press Biden to rejoin Iran nuclear deal
- Politico: Biden’s getting no free ride from Democrats on foreign policy
- Vox: How Biden’s best-laid plans for Iran and Saudi Arabia failed in his first month
- Vox: Why Democrats are blasting Biden’s attack against Iranian proxies in Syria
- NYT: Biden Won’t Penalize Saudi Crown Prince Over Khashoggi’s Killing, Fearing Relations Breach
- The Intercept: DEMOCRATS PRESSURE BIDEN ON U.S. BACKING FOR SAUDI WAR IN YEMEN
- FP: Biden Team Engaged in ‘Rigorous’ Debate Over Ending Forever War
- Politico: Biden backs new war powers vote in Congress, White House says
- NYT: Biden Secretly Limits Counterterrorism Drone Strikes Away From War Zones
- CNN: US officially rejoins the Paris climate accord
- Vox: Biden’s announcement on ending US support for the war in Yemen, explained
- Politico: Putin and Biden confirm extension of New START treaty
- WaPo Op-Ed: Opinion: Our four nations are committed to a free, open, secure and prosperous Indo-Pacific region
- NBC News: Biden meets ‘Quad’ leaders as U.S., allies step up efforts to counter China
- WaPo: With clock ticking before exit deadline, U.S. appears poised to postpone troop withdrawal from Afghanistan
- HuffPo: How Joe Biden Can Stop Donald Trump’s Massive UAE Arms Deal
- NYT: Blinken Proposes a Foreign Policy Not ‘Disconnected From Our Daily Lives’
- Slate: Biden Wants to Take On China and Climate Change at the Same Time
- Miami Herald: Cuba policy shift ‘not a top priority’ for Biden, White House says
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.