In This Episode
Major League Baseball pulls the All-Star game out of Georgia as the battle over voting rights intensifies, the push to legalize marijuana gets a lift from Chuck Schumer, and Wisconsin Democratic Party Chair Ben Wikler talks to Jon Favreau about how Democrats can flip the Senate seat currently held by America’s Dumbest Senator, Ron Johnson. Then, Tommy breaks down the Championsh*t game of Pod Save America’s March Badness tournament.
Voting Rights in Georgia
- CNN: MLB moving All-Star Game from Georgia after state passes new restrictive voting laws
- Politico: MLB moves All-Star Game from Georgia over new voting law
- Politico Playbook: America’s pastime gets pulled into politics
- Politico: Biden endorses moving MLB All-Star Game out of Georgia
- USA Today Op-Ed: The gutless Atlanta Braves put themselves on the wrong side of history
- Axios Charlotte: What Georgia can learn from North Carolina about corporate backlash
- Axios: Corporate America scrambles to get behind voting rights
- Axios: 72 Black executives call on corporate America to fight voting restrictions
- WaPo: Companies, facing new expectations, struggle with pressure to take stand on Georgia voting bill
- NYT: What Georgia’s Voting Law Really Does
- Morning Consult: Demographic Data Shows Which Major Sports Fan Bases Are Most Likely to Support or Reject Social Justice Advocacy
- AJC: The Georgia political fallout of MLB’s decision to move the All-Star game
- Intelligencer: 2022 Governors Races Could Be Armageddon for Voting Rights
- WJCL 22 ABC: ‘I’m in the fight’: Kemp claims lies from Biden, Stacey Abrams to blame for events leaving Georgia
- NYT: Kemp Lashes M.L.B. as Republicans Defend Georgia’s Voting Law
- CNN: Fact check: Biden and Kemp misleadingly describe parts of Georgia elections law
- The Hill: Democrats outpace GOP in approval ratings in Georgia: poll
- NYT: Georgia’s Election Law, and Why Turnout Isn’t Easy to Turn Off
- Politico Playbook: A contrarian view on the voting rights debate
- Politico: All eyes are on Georgia. Again.
- FiveThirtyEight: Why Georgia’s New Voting Law Is Such A Big Deal
- POLITIFACT: Bogus analysis leads to ridiculous claim about Biden votes
- Talking Points Memo: Now Corporations Are Beginning To Line Up Against Texas’ Restrictive Voting Bills, Too
- NYT: Texas lawmakers advance a bill that would make voting more difficult, drawing comparisons to Georgia.
- Axios: New York legalizes recreational marijuana
- NYT: New York Legalizes Recreational Marijuana, Tying Move to Racial Equity
- WaPo: Northam proposes legalizing marijuana in Virginia on July 1
- WaPo: New Mexico set to legalize marijuana as New York ends its pot prohibition
- NYT: Recreational Marijuana Legalized by New Jersey Voters
- Gallup: Support for Legal Marijuana Inches Up to New High of 68%
- NYT: This Election, a Divided America Stands United on One Topic
- Politico: Schumer: Senate will act on marijuana legalization with or without Biden
- NYT: House Passes Landmark Bill Decriminalizing Marijuana
- WBUR: Drug Overdose Deaths Spiked To 88,000 During The Pandemic, White House Says
- Forbes: Enjoy Marijuana? Joe Biden Doesn’t Care About You
- NYT: With Marijuana Departures, the White House Wages Its Own Culture War
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.