In This Episode
Democrats in Congress inch closer to agreement on Joe Biden’s agenda despite a few whiny centrists and bad media takes, Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal joins to discuss how progressives intend to bring both bills over the finish line, and Jon, Jon, and Tommy answer some listener questions.
DEMS IN DISARRAY??
- Reuters: Democrats will be ‘disappointed’ as party pares agenda – White House
- Politico: Sinema slams Democratic leadership on infrastructure vote delay
- Playbook: ‘The strangest thing I’ve ever seen’
- NYT: Biden Meets With Feuding Democrats and Expresses Confidence a Deal Can Be Reached
- Playbook PM: Where’s the BIF?
- Playbook: Another big day for Biden’s presidency: What to watch
- Punchbowl: Now what? We have thoughts
- NYT: Sinema, a holdout on the social spending bill, returns to Arizona for a doctor’s visit and a scheduled fund-raiser.
- NYT: Progressives Flex Muscles on Biden Agenda, Adopting New Tactics
- Mother Jones: What if the Progressive Revolt…Isn’t a Revolt at All?
- Politico: Pelosi delays infrastructure vote as Democrats struggle to reach deal
- WaPo op-ed by Jennifer Rubin: Distinguished pol of the week: A star in the House
- Politico: Manchin proposed $1.5T top-line number to Schumer this summer
- Politico: Democrats grit their teeth after Manchin lists demands
- Washington Post: White House confronts grueling choices as it debates major cuts to Biden economic plan
- Politico: POLITICO-Harvard poll: Drug price negotiation is Americans’ top priority in spending bills, half of Americans not following negotiations
- Politico: No time frame for votes on Biden’s agenda, senior adviser says
- NY Times: Democratic Voters See Many Losers in Party Schism, and One Winner: Trump
- ABC News: Bernie Sanders says spending bill’s $3.5 trillion price tag likely to be lowered
- NY Times: Biden puts the infrastructure bill on hold, saying Democrats need to unite on social spending.
- NBC: Buoyed by Biden, progressives optimistic after forcing delay on infrastructure vote
- The Hill: White House seeks to flip debate on agenda price tag
- The Atlantic: Transforming America With a One-Vote Majority
- CNN: US climate action is on the line as negotiations in Congress reach a fever pitch
- Politico: Limiting Medicare benefits deepens rift among Hill Democrats
- Washington Post: From Jayapal to Manchin: The key players in Democrats’ congressional battles
- Business Insider: Joe Manchin said in January he’d be okay with $4 trillion in infrastructure, but now he wants a lot less. Here’s a full timeline of his price tags.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.